Sunday, November 16, 2008

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Two paintings were done a while ago at the church I have been attending. Another girl and I were asked to paint portraits during the worship service. These are two of my international friends- Martin (he is German and goes to the Uof I) and Fedrico (who is an Italian guy whom I met in Ireland). Each piece was done within a 90 minute time frame- and both pieces are about 4 feet by 4 feet.














The next two pieces are drawings I have done that are probably 9 feet long and 5 feet high. I have been using photos I have taken, making them high in contrast, and then projecting the images onto paper. This piece took about two hours. You may ask what is it. But I would say- look at the lines. I am very interested in mark making and used full arm extensions to create this piece. It was a lot of fun!


No comments: