Sunday, November 30, 2008


SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR!!!!!!!!
As I was not home for the recent Thanksgiving holiday, I was ever so thankful for a family to spend the week off of school I had. Kim Klein (a new friend from my church) asked me if I would like to spend my time with her family. It turned out to be a wonderful week. I found out that when you have a large family there is much good food and good game times.
At the Thanksgiving meal her dad asked us if we would like to say something we are thankful for. We were also asked to talk about if our family do any specific traditions with the Turkey holiday. I said I couldn't really think of any traditions- just that if you get newly married you have to host the meal at your new place, even if it is a small apartment! Thanks Kathy and Larry! During the meal we didn't have the yummy sweet potatoes, nor the chip topped corn, and no green beans with those onion crunchy deals, and there was not any lef-saw! But all in all, I was in charge with Kim to make 7 pies the day before. WE DID AN EXCELLENT JOB! The pies were a hit, even though I forgot a little ginger in one of the pumpkin pies. HA! Kim's mom said, "That is just the way we wanted it!". So besides eating a ton of good food we played a ton of games. I even got to play some pinochle. And of course we got up at 4am and when shopping in Spokane. The family goes out to eat at I-Hop afterwards! We all took long naps when we returned home at 10:30am.

What am I thankful for: FOR MY FAMILY! I miss you Mom and Dad and ALlie and Dan and Kathy and Larry and ERIN and Brian and Jen and Parker EMily and Kris Scott and HAnnah and Cullin and Janet and ELaine and Grandma Nola. Blessings to you this day and always.

No comments: